If you know Friendly’s, then you know the peanut butter sauce I’m talking about. Its the only reason i would ever forego the local homemade ice cream we have around town. Being that the recipe is a guarded secret (no joke), this is as close as I’ve been able to come to it.
(Makes a couple servings, depending on how much you use.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- a bit less than 1/2 cup milk ( you can use heavy whipping cream or half and half)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup natural, salted, creamy, peanut butter [ie: no sugar added]
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- When melted, add vanilla and milk. Then add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool completely then add the peanut butter and stir well. It will look like a mess, but keep stirring and it will turn out smooth. It will thicken as it cools.