I have a patience problem with letting bread rise. So this recipe is kind of brilliant… i dont remember which friend it came from (Kath? Rachel?) but its perfect and heres why:
You make the dough
You put it in the pans
You let it sit in the oven for a bit on low heat.
Then you turn the heat up.
(Feels like it just takes longer to cook – I heart mind games.)
- 5 Cups White flour (could be a mix of white/wheat)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/4 C Warm Water
- 1 1/2 T Yeast (which is 2 packets)
- 3T Olive Oil
- 3T Honey (brown sugar works well too)
- Combine Dry ingredients and set aside
- Combine water, honey, oil.
- Add yeast and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine wet and dry.
- Knead and put into 2 greased pans.
- Bake at 170 for 40 min (this is the tricksy rising part)
- Bake at 350 for 20 min
- Slice and cover in homemade butter…mmmmmm
tags: Quick Bread, No Knead Bread, Breakfast, Dinner, Soup Bread, Appetizer, Cheese and Bread