Quick and easy and awesome.
(This recipe makes 4 servings.)
- a little less than 1/4 Cup Sugar (the full 1/4 is just a tad bit too sweet for me)
- 2 T Cornstarch
- Dash Salt
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Egg Yolks (really dont use the whites- it makes for a lumpy mess)
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 T. Butter
- Combine Sugar, Cornstarch & Salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine milk and egg yolks.
- Mix the wet into the dry.
- Cook in a sauce pan over medium heat – STIRRING CONSTANTLY (milk and high heat is a difficult combo). Stir until the mixture starts to thicken and boil.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and butter [I used less than 1/2 of what it calls for but i’m sure the original amount is awesome. When is more butter not awesome?].
- Pour into dishes and chill. [or eat it the second its done like i do. We top it with bananas sometimes which is great.]