PERFECT meal for a hot summer night.
- rice vermicelli [i bought a 14 oz pack and used about 1/2 the pack for 2 people]
- 8 rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
- 8-12 large cooked shrimp – peeled, deveined and cut in half
- 1 1/3 tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil [we used normal basil]
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped scallions
- bean sprouts
- shreaded carrot
- 2 leaves lettuce, chopped [didnt use]
sauce 1 ingredients:
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice [didnt have lime so we used a lemon]
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
sauce 2 ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped peanuts [we used peanut butter]
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place some shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.
- In another small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
- Serve rolled spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce mixtures.