I heart zucchini bread. One of the best days of every summer is the day when I remember that I can make really yummy bread with all that extra zucchini (instead of yet another vegetarian side dish). I mean, I love vegetables but I REALLY love breakfast breads.
- 3 Cups all-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 .5 Cups Sugar (Note to self: This is the perfect amount. Don’t alter it.)
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 C grated Zucchini
- 1 C chopped Walnuts
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool. (yea, right.)