(updated 3.8.13 )
Cottage cheese is so weird. (But so good in this not so sweet breakfast.) The salt in the cheese comes out in the cooking of these and makes whatever sweet stuff you put on top, the perfect compliment. Cooking Note: Just make sure you cook them on low or the cheese will burn.
(serving size: about 6 pancakes – which is not a lot so double it if you’re hungry.)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- capful of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- butter to grease pan
- Combine cottage cheese, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whisk in flour
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with butter. Pour 1/3 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side. [Dont let pan get too hot or the cheese curds will burn]
- Serve with maple syrup, cut fruit, a squeeze of lemon? lemon zest maybe? mmmm jam would be yummy. Go nuts.
tags: breakfast, snack, appetizer, different kind of pancake