This is one of my favorites…
- Butter/ Olive oil to coat pan
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 Cup rice
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 2 1/2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Coat a large skillet pan with olive oil and butter.
- Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic until they start to stick to the bottom.
- Add rice and stir constantly for 2 minutes. (do not let the rice brown)
- Add the wine and stir until its absorbed. (make sure to scrape up the good stuff from the bottom of the pan into the rice.)
- When the wine has been absorbed, add stock 1/2 Cup at a time until it is absorbed. Keep stirring for nearly this whole process. [Also its really important to not add more until the last amount is gone or you’ll come to the end of your stock and your rice wont be cooked]
- Continue process for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender
- Take off heat and add butter and Parmesan and serve.