Just an easy and simple cole slaw from Bobby Flay… He bothers me, but he cooks well.
- 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- 3/4 cup best-quality mayo
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated sweet or mild onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. Whisk together the mayonnaise,sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture. Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; add more salt, pepper, or sugar if desired.