made these for my little ones 1st birthday and will be making again whenever i have an excuse…
(makes 1 dozen cupcakes)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar [I used 3/4 cup.. next time i may decrease even more]
- ½ cups Butter, Softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-½ cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅜ cups Coconut Milk
- ¾ cups Shredded Coconut [if you are using sweetened coconut flakes, take that into consideration when deciding your brown sugar amounts]
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line or spray a cupcake tray.
2. Cream the sugar and butter. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Mix the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and add the coconut milk. Mix until combined.
5. Fold in the shredded coconut.
6. Scoop the batter into the cupcake tray. (mine came out really thick so i added more coconut milk)
7. Bake for 25 minutes and let cool.
NOTE: Per usual, this is my version of someone else’s recipe. The original recipe is from: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/brown-sugar-coconut-cupcakes/