This recipe is going to ruin movie popcorn for you forever… and for that i am sorry…. kind of.
but microwaves and movie theaters have been doing you a disservice.
They’ve been tricking you with delicious popcorn smells and serving you dumbed down, burnt, bland, and greasy pieces of something that used to be popcorn. (Yea, it smells great but it never tastes as good as it smells.)
This is real popcorn.
This tastes really good.
(serves 2 or one very snackie individual)
- 1/4 Cup popcorn
- 1 Tbsp. Grape seed oil
- Salted Butter
- Nutritional Yeast
- Pour about 1 TBSP of grape seed oil (or another high heat oil) in a sauce pan that has high sides and a handle. (or some pan that you can comfortably shake around when its cooking).
- Put a couple kernels of uncooked popcorn in the pan and put on the lid. Heat to med-high.
- When you hear one of those kernals pop, add the rest of your corn. Every 5 pops or so, give the pan a toss (so that no kernels get stuck on the bottom and burn)
- When the popping slows and there are 3-4 seconds in between pops, take it off the heat and pour in bowl.
- Use hot pan lid to melt your butter and drip onto popcorn. Add your salt and sprinkle with nutritional yeast.