[pic to come]
This is straight from Cooks Illustrated, September/October 2009.
- 1/4 Cup Mayo
- 3T Sour Cream
- 3T minced fresh Cilantro
- 1 Garlic Clove, pressed (about 1 tsp)
- 3/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 4 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 ounce Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- 4 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt or 1/4 tsp Table Salt
- 6 ears of corn
1. Turn Gas grill to high and heat grill with lid down until very hot – about 15 minutes.
2. While Grill is heating, combine mayo, sour cream, cilantro, garlic, 1/4 tsp chili powder, pepper, cayenne, lime juice, and cheese in large bowl; set aside. In second large bowl, combine oil, salt, and remaining 1/2 tsp chili powder; Add corn and toss until coated evenly.
3. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until lightly charred on all sides, 7 – 12 minutes total. Remove from grill and top with sauce and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.