- 1, 3.5lb Organic Chicken
- Kosher Salt
- 3T butter [or more if you want to get crazy]
- 1/2 Onion, rough chopped
- 1-2 Celery Stalks, cut in half
- 1/2 Lemon (plus zest)
- 1 Clove Garlic, rough chopped
- 1t Rosemary
- 1t Lemon thyme
- shitake mushrooms [or any mushrooms]
- small roasting potatoes [or chopped large potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc]
- Set oven for 350 degrees
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Rub entire chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fill Cavity with 1T butter, 1/4 cup of the onion, Celery Stalks and the 1/2 lemon (make sure to zest it first)
- On the top of the bird, loosen the skin with your fingers and fill under the skin with the remaining 2T chunks of butter, cut up. Mix garlic, rosemary and thyme together and push that around under the skin as well.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan
- Surround with roasting vegetables that are coated with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary [I used small roasting potatoes, the remaining onions and shitake mushrooms]
- Bake 1 hour and 15min
- When the chicken comes out, baste it, cover with zest and let sit for a bit before you serve it.