- 1.5 Cups milk
- 1Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2.5 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- less than 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Butter, softened
- 1 Cup of chopped frozen mango & strawberries (i’m going to try other variations too….peaches, apples, etc)
- Whisk together milk, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix together.
- Stir in softened butter and mango
- Pour into baking dish. [I used a round pyrex baking bowl] Let it sit for at least three hours or overnight. [I actually didnt have that much time so I let it sit for about a half hour. The end result may have been a firmer texture if i had let them sit but it still tasted great.]
- Place cold dish in cold oven. Set oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until oatmeal puffs up and is golden brown.
- Let cool a bit before serving.
good to know:
+ I used Trader Joes frozen mangoes for the above and it was DELICIOUS.
+ You can do a pumpkin version by using 1 can pumpkin, 1 tsp Allspice and increasing the oats to 3 cups. I may increase the cinnamon too depending on how you feel about cinnamon. The cooking time seemed to increase significantly but you’ll just have to experiment.
+Coconut Almond Blueberry : 1/2 Cup shreaded coconut, a couple almonds (chopped fine), 1/2 Cup frozen blueberries