We’re always buried in squash from our CSA share so heres my favorite way to use delicata’s quickly…
- 1 Delicata Squash, cut in half lengthwise with the seeds scooped out
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash pieces in 1/4 inch half moons and toss with olive oil and kosher salt.
- Lay out squash pieces on cookie sheet. (The more contact the squash pieces have with the pan, the faster they will crisp up.)
- Cooking time REALLY varies depending on how consistent you were with cutting the squash chips. So just put them on for 10 minutes and then check it every couple of minutes after. Some will be crunchy… some just get all golden brown and yummy. Either way, its amazing how fast an entire squash can disappear.
Good to know:
+You don’t need to peel this squash… the skin is totally edible and yummy after baking.