This one became a classic at my house growing up. It starts as a really thin batter and becomes this crazy shaped monster in the oven. Its awesome… but if you don’t like eggs, this ones not for you.
- 4 Eggs
- 1.5 – 2 Cups Milk (less milk lets it cook faster and is a bit more dense)
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Stick Butter (I use less – more like 1/4 of a stick and it still works great)
- Turn oven to 450 degrees. Put the butter in the casserole dish you’ll be using and put in the oven to melt the butter.
- In the mean time combine Eggs and Milk in a mixing bowl. Whisk in Sugar, Salt, Flour and Vanilla.
- Take dish out of oven when butter is melted, pour in Egg mixture and return to oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool a bit and serve with Maple Syrup.
good to know:
+This thing will climb the sides of the pan so make sure you use a pan with higher sides than a pie pan.