I’ve been looking for a go to pancake recipe that i can add healthy things to (now that my daughter eats them at every meal). This is my favorite so far…
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 2 Egg
- 1 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Ricotta
- 3/4 Cup total of a Grated Granny Smith Apple/Carrots [I steamed them first so they’d be soft and disappear into the pancake]
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 TBSP White Sugar
- In a large bowl, combine butter, egg, milk and apple/carrot mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
- Stir flour mixture into apple mixture, just until combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle. Spread out each pour by picking up the pan and tipping it like you would do if you were making a crepe. Brown on both sides and serve hot. [The first couple pancakes were pretty mushy inside so i turned down the heat and started cooking them for longer to cook out some of the moisture.]