So smooth and yummy… and just waiting to be customized to your liking. First time though, I used Almond extract…
(original recipe “Best Buttercream Frosting” from All Recipes but I made some clarifications)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or any other extract)
- In small saucepan cook flour and milk until it thickens considerably, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature. [I kept putting it in the freezer to cool it faster.]
- With an kitchen aid mixer, paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until fluffy (about 5 minutes to get the sugar to melt in).
- Beat both mixtures together on high speed until fluffy and smooth (about 5-10 minutes). Add vanilla and beat until combined. Refrigerate for about 1/2 hour, until it is of spreading consistency.