This is one of our own…Inspired by a pizza that was taken off the menu of one of our favorite restaurants. Theirs had lamb but we’re doing sausage. It would be great with roasted red peppers, pears, prosciutto, caramelized onions or bacon too!
- pizza crust
- fig butter (we use trader joes)
- 1 package italian sausage (take the skins off)
- 1 package of goat cheese (use how ever much you want)
- chopped tomato
- Cilantro to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees
- Cook the sausage
- Spread out the dough on your pizza stone.
- When the oven is hot, pre cook the plain crust for 5-8 minutes
- Take it out of the oven, coat it with a thin layer of fig butter and then add the sausage, goat cheese & tomato.
- Cook until the crust is golden
- Garnish with Cilantro