This is one of my own. I’ve made it tons of different ways (carrotts, curry, more apples, etc.) but this mornings spectacular version is below…
- Olive Oil & a bit of Butter
- 1 Medium Sized Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 3 1/4 C. Vegetable Broth
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into cubes
- a couple sprigs of Lemon Thyme [I used dry but fresh would be lovely]
- 1 Bay leaf
- Saute chopped onion and celery in olive oil and butter in a medium sized pot.
- After the onions turn translucent, add garlic and cook for a minute more until things start sticking to the bottom of the pan. (that brown on the bottom adds the amazing flavor)
- Add apples and a 1/4 C of the broth. Cook for a couple more minutes
- Add Butternut squash, thyme, bay leaf and the remaining 3 Cups of broth. Simmer until done.
- Puree in food processor until desired consistency.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.