This is directly From Food52.com. Next time I’d cut the sugar because its reallllly sweet.
(This recipe serves 4)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice [and i used zest of 1/2 a lemon]
1. In a small saucepan, heat cream and sugar to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Continue boiling for 5 minutes. Watch the heat – don’t let the cream boil over.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in lemon juice. Let cool, about 15 minutes.
3. Pour even amounts into four ramekins. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or until set.
4. Serve with unsweetened whipped cream, or shortbread cookies to dunk.