This is based on another recipe (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/brown-sugar-meatloaf/). I changed or altered almost every ingredient as you’ll see below and I’m gonna keep changing it until its perfect. As it stands, its pretty damn good but it could still be better.
[no pictures… meatloaf just isnt pretty.]
- a bit less than 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- a bit less than 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (or a mix of ground beef and ground turkey)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped as small as you can in a food processor
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear. [ours took 45 min]