The only granola thats not too sweet for me… mine. You can customize it as you like… chia seeds, pecans, apricots, cherries… Just don’t put the dried fruit in until the end or it will burn. (lesson learned the hard way. It sucks to have to pick through a giant batch of granola to find little burnt rocks)
- 6-8 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 – 1 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (sweetened coconut will burn in the oven)
- 1 Cup Almonds (Rough Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Oat Bran (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Pecans (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Oil ( I use coconut oil or vegetable oil)
- 3/4 Cup – 1 Cup Maple Syrup (The real kind, of course)
- 1 Cup Dates (I buy the whole ones and chop them up)
- Combine all the dry ingredients together EXCEPT for the dates. (They will burn in the oven so you add those after cooking)
- Mix oil and Maple Syrup together, pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Pour mixture onto 2 cookie sheets, being careful to spread evenly. (Any super thin spots may brown more)
- Stir every 20 minutes for around an hour/ hour & a half. Cooking time always varies for me for some reason. Just keep trying it and cook it till its super crunchy.
- When done, stir in dates and put in a sealed container in the fridge.