Great soup for a cool summer ocean breeze evening….
(serves 4 big bowls)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- Jalapeno Slices (to taste)
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 7 Cups Broth
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 2 Limes, juiced
- A handful of greens, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with: Scallions, Cilantro and Avocado
- In a stock pot, saute garlic, onions, jalapenos and red pepper in olive oil.
- When they begin to brown, push to outside edge of pot and put chicken in the middle. Sear for a couple minutes on each side and then add broth.
- Add Carrots, Greens and Lime Juice
- Remove chicken from stock when its done. Let sit while the rest of the soup cooks.
- Cut up chicken and add to soup right before serving.
- Salt & Pepper to taste and garnish with Cilantro, Avocados and Scallions.