When i make pesto, there usually isn’t any measuring happening and the list of ingredients changes every time. Tonights pesto was the best i’ve ever made though so i thought i should write it down…. (This recipe made enough to freeze a bunch for later.)
1. Combine the following in a food processor 3-4 Garlic Scapes (or 1 big clove of garlic) and a handful of Cashews (or pine nuts or any nuts really)
2. When the above is fully chopped, add in your basil ( I use an almost full produce bag full of nice green basil)
2. Add in some chunks of grated parmesan cheese, sea salt and cracked pepper to taste.
3. Turn the machine to ON so it stays running and add Olive Oil to whatever consistency you like.
4. Scoop out and freeze or use fresh.
tags: CSA, August, Summer, pasta, tomatoes