I love making small batches of pickles but I cant ever seem to find a small batch recipe. Well now i have one. One large perfect mason jar of pickles coming up….
Original recipe here
- 12 oz pickling cucumbers, quartered or halved depending on size ( 1.5 cukes for me)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 4 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 tsp crushed Aleppo Chillies
- 8 dill sprigs.
- Sanitize 1 Qt. Mason jar and lid.
- Pack the vegetables dill and garlic cloves into the jar, alternating ingredients so you dont have a whole bunch of dill on just one side.
- In a pyrex measuring cup combine the salt, sugar, vinegar and coriander. Stir until the salt and sugar dissolve.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pyrex, stir and then pour the brine over the vegetables. Add enough water to keep the vegetables submerged. Close the jars and refrigerate overnight or for up to 1 month.
note from Lottie & Doof: These are best the first week. They get less crunchy as they sit and I like them crunchy. [me too]