This is an alternate version to my Almond and Sunbutter Cups. Maple Syrup is the only sweetener used in this one so its good if you’re trying to limit white sugar (like I am right now). Still super yummy, just not as chocolatey – more coconuty. (Might be nice to throw some actual coconut flakes in there too if you have the unsweetened kind.)
(recipe makes about 10-12 small cups but it depends on how much you fill them)
- 1/4 Cup Salted Nut Butter [Almond, Sun Butter, etc]
- 1 T Maple Syrup
- 2 T Milk Powder
- 2 T Really Good Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 T Coconut Oil
- Pure Maple Syrup to taste [only if you use unsweetened Cocoa Powder]
- Mix the first three ingredients together in a bowl until it becomes a crumbly dough. (Note: if your nut butter is from the fridge, let it sit awhile so it’s easier to mix.) Add the extra milk powder if it’s too gooey. Taste the dough and correct the syrup/ salt if needed.
- Smoosh dough into mini cupcake wrappers. It will be very crumbly and thats fine. Fill half way, leaving room for chocolate tops.
- Next mix the cocoa, maple syrup and coconut oil (melt the oil if it’s not already melted). Mix until it looks like chocolate sauce. Taste as you go. When you like the flavor, pour tiny bits of chocolate atop each nut butter cup. Put in the freezer and let harden. (they’re yummiest in the freezer so keep em there)
****Original recipe from here but I changed almost everything : )***