[pic to come]
I’ve made this twice this week for lunch. Its just as yummy as it is good for you…
- a little Olive Oil (to grease pan) and some more for the dressing
- a little Butter (to add to greased pan but its optional)
- handful of Brussel Sprouts, chopped in half
- handful of Kale, washed and chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Cashews, chopped
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Whole Grain Mustard
- Salt/ Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Put a bit of olive oil in a pan. (I used my cast iron skillet). Turn heat to medium and add brussel sprouts, cut side down, and cook until they brown. Flip when they start to brown and cook a couple more minutes.
- Add kale in pan and cook for a minute or 2 with the brussels.
- When vegetables are done, put in a serving bowl.
- Put the cashews in the pan until they brown a bit and then add to bowl.
- Mix up the lemon juice, mustard and honey. Whisk in oil until emulsified.
- pour the dressing over the greens. Top with the toasted cashews.
+++++++ Next time try goat cheese? Dried fruit? ++++++++
Tags: CSA, Dinner, Side Dish, Vegetarian, Nuts, Vegan, Fall, Autumn