THIS is what you do with that little bit of unflavored extra white rice!
Or that already opened can of coconut milk that you have leftover from a curry you made yesterday.
Its not often that such a simple recipe is so rewarding but this one…. this is pin-worthy.
Thankyou ffffood! (Original recipe from here)
- 1 1/2 cups of cold cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk [I used a regular can of coconut milk. Not condensed. Not sweetened]
- 1 cups of whole or 2% milk [I used Whole]
- 1/4 cup of sugar [if you like REALLY sweet things, youll want more. This is perfect for me]
- pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla bean, insides scraped out [I used vanilla extract but I’m sure its even better with the real deal bean]
- Combine all the ingredients together in a saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat for 40 minutes.
- Allows to cool and serve.
1/5/13 Just made this with freshly cooked rice instead of the cold and it worked really well. I wasn’t sure if it would make a difference but it didn’t seem to. I also used Trader Joes Coconut Cream instead of Coconut Milk. It wasn’t sweetened and it made the pudding really really nice and rich.
tags: dessert, snack, comfort food, leftovers, sweet rice, indian food, thai food