Yes there is Kale in this.
No, you cant taste it.
Lime is the biggest flavor in this one and after I have one of these smoothies I crave more for days. (original recipe from here)
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and cut into big pieces (or one pear)
- 2 cups of kale (pull leaves from two stalks to make two cups)
- 1 lime, juiced [or one lemon i guess but lime is best]
- 1 small handful of cilantro (pull the leaves from the stalks)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger [I keep my ginger in the freezer and use a zester to grate it]
- 1/3 cup chopped frozen banana (entirely optional, add if you want a more creamy texture)
1. Combine ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and puree.
2. Drink and be healthy.
tags: veggie smoothie, green drink, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, salad juice, juicing, blender