a recipe from Adria…. I can’t remember where she got it. I’m thinking Betty Crocker? Regardless, they are faaaabulous aside some stew or with jam at breakfast or with homemade butter. (!!!)
The following picture comes from my latest attempt of cooking with a two year old. So of course I totally messed up the recipe… then i tried to compensate for my mistake and ended up with a soupy dough…. sooooo I just spooned it into muffin tins. Biscuit Muffins? Still pretty good. And a weird picture is better than no picture at all…. I’ll put a real biscuit pic up the next time I make them.
- 2 C Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, cut into smaller pieces
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- Turn oven to 450 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar, Cream of Tartar and Salt. ( note to self: I tried the plastic blade, next time use regular metal blade because its bigger and will mix better)
- Cut in 1/2 Cup butter by hitting pulse until butter disappears into flour
- Slowly add 2/3 Cup milk and pulsing until a sticky dough forms
- Spoon out onto a greased baking sheet
- Cook for 10-12 min or until golden brown
tags: appetizer, stew, soup, breakfast, dinner, jam, low sugar