LOVE these…. You can cooke them on the grill or in the oven. (I used my toaster oven) You can put them on a sandwich or eat plain as a side dish. The only thing is that you really have to use good Balsamic because its a major flavor in the finished product. Dont skimp. Go get some good stuff. (inspiration from here on food52.com)
- 4 Portobello Mushrooms
- Garlic Clove, rough chopped
- 1/2 – 3/4 Cup Good Balsamic Vineger
- 1 T Lemon Thyme
- Salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine balsamic, garlic, thyme and salt in a small bowl.
- Wash mushroom caps and lay out in a shallow pan, stem side up to marinate. Pour marinade over them and let sit for 30 minutes. (I basted them in the liquid every so often)
- Place a cooling rack on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Cook the mushrooms on the rack 10 minutes per side, flipping them until they’re “done”. [Done is a funny thing with these…. they’re mushrooms. And they’re pretty much good when they’re hot ….so you can decide on what doneness you’re looking for beyond that.]
tags: dinner, side dish, vegetarian, vegan, appetizer