I often see pictures of food and then, too lazy to really read all the steps in the recipe, I make up my own version. I use what I have available and do whatever I think I need to do to get it done as fast as possible. This is one of those and it turned out really really good (they dont always). I used our large iron skillet to cook the pizza but i would imagine a pizza stone would work just fine. (Original recipe here.)
My recipe makes one personalized sized pizza.
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- about 9 oz of store bought dough (about 1/2 bag) [No time for homemade. I’m hungry]
- a little coconut oil to grease the skillet
- some black beans [as many as you want on your little pizza]
- a little parsley
- 1 green onion, chopped
- grated cheddar cheese [as much as you want]
- 1 egg
- Saute the sweet potato with garlic and onion in a small pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large oiled cast iron pan, make dough into a pizza shape
- Put cooked sweet potatoes, black beans, parsley and green onions onto the dough
- Grate cheddar over the top
- Crack an egg in a dish (in case of shells or a nasty egg. You dont want this last step to ruin your dinner)
- Create a little nest of ingredients and pour the egg in.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes. I kept checking the bottom of the pizza to make sure it could stay in longer and let that guide my cooking time.
tags: breakfast, dinner, vegetarian, cast iron skillet