We’re trying out a new way of eating over here. I was reading Bon Appetit magazine recently and there was an article that has kind of changed everything for me. Simply put, the meat doesn’t have to be the main thing. (Brilliant!) Meat as more of a side, or condiment. (Who would have thought!) Now every meal becomes this small dish extravaganza of wonderfulness…. I’m not even overstating it : )
- olive oil for the pan
- handful of brussel sprouts, rough chopped in food processor
- handful of kale, choppped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 T of my Basil Cashew Pesto
- Wash and prep brussel sprouts (take off any manky leaves and chop off tough stem)
- Saute garlic for 30 seconds in a large pan. [i’ll talk your ear off about how much i love my cast iron skillets if you let me. Use one if you have it.]
- Add brussel sprouts to pan… Cook for a couple minutes… until the little pieces stuck to the edge start to brown. Turn off heat.
- Now, since my pesto was made the day before, and came straight from the fridge, I chose to move the brussels to the edge of the pan, warm the pesto in the center and then mix it all together there. You do what you gotta do.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve plain…. or with rice…. or with pasta.
Tags: Side dish, Dinner, Salad, Warm Salad, Vegetarian, Vegan