Theres a blizzard outside which always means a good slow simmering soup for us.
(recipe makes about 4 servings – you can stretch it by putting it over rice)
- Coconut Oil (or your choice oil) for pan [See Comments Section]
- 1 Onion, chopped fine
- 1 Stalk Celery, chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp Celery Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger, grated (I prefer to grate on a zester)
- 2 Cups of Red Lentils
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 3 Cups Vegetable Broth
- Yogurt (for on top of the stew)
- Cilantro as a garnish
- Saute onions and celery in oil on medium-low until they soften and turn brown. Stir often. Cook for about 20 min.
- Move the onion/celery to the side and add the spices. Move the spices around the center of the pan for about 10 seconds, until fragrant, and then mix onions into the spices.
- Add in the ginger and mix into the onions.
- Mix in the lentils and carrots, pour in broth and simmer covered on low for about 15 min. Dont let them go to long or you’ll have mush. Good mush…… but stil mush.
- Serve over rice or just as stew. Top with Faje yogurt and Cilantro.
tags: Dinner, Lunch, Stew, Soup, Hearty, Protein, Good Leftovers, Wild Rice