You can use any kind of nut butter (peanut, almond, sunflower, etc) or a combination. This recipe is a combo and I even went a step further and made my own sunbutter (recipe here). Also, keep these in the freezer – they’re just better that way.
(Hmmmm… ok so….serving size…. really depends on size of wrapper. I made 4 way-too-giant cupcake sized wrapper ones)
- 3 T Sunflower Seed Butter (recipe here)
- 3 T Almond Butter
- Salt (to taste – if you used unsalted nut butters)
- Honey, to taste (or Confectioners Sugar or Maple Syrup)
- A 3.5 oz bar of really good chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil (optional – for a hint of coconut flavor)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the nut butters. You may have to make more if you like a lot of filling in your cups.
- Add salt (if you need it) and sweetener. Mix really well.
- Melt chocolate bar in microwave.
- Put a bunch of wrappers in a cupcake pan and fill the bottom of each one with a pool of melted chocolate.
- Drop spoonfulls of nut butter in each one.
- Drizzle chocolate over the nut butter until its covered.
- Pop them in the freezer for as long as you can stand (the longer the better).
- EAT them up
tags: dessert, anti-peanut butter cups, Ghirardelli, Valentines Day, homemade Halloween candy