with roasted red peppers over pasta? yes.
over farro with roasted root vegetables? yes.
atop an arugula salad with apricots and nutritional yeast? YES.
ok. Honesty time… I’ve never tried any of the above, but now that i have this lovely stuff in my fridge,
I . can’t . wait.
(fills almost to the top of one small mason jar)
- 1 Heaping Cup of Raw Cashews (soaked for a couple hours)
- Zest of 1/2 to 1 full Lemon (Depends how much of the lemon flavor you want)
- 1 T Lemon Juice (You could add more. Taste as you go)
- 1 Cup Water
- Sea Salt
- Combine cashews and zest and 1/2 Cup water in a food processor and hit go.
- Keep adding water and scraping down the sides until you get the consistency you want.
- Taste it and add salt if you want.
- Store in the fridge and use for tons of different things.
[notes for next time: Instead of water, I’d like to try unsweetened coconut milk. Also, Garlic and Lemon Thyme would probably be great. Tahini? Aleppo for some spice?]
tags: dressing, condiment, appetizer, dinner, lunch, vegetarian