I totally take it back. Turns out Tahini is awesome…. at least in this hummus that my sweet husband created.
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Pistachios (or Cashews)
- 1 can (15 oz) Garbanzo Beans, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1 tsp Fenugreek (optional but i LOVE it)
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 Lemon, Juiced & Zested
- 1 T Chopped Dill
- 1 T Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Put Garlic in a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add Lemon juice and scrape the garlic down so it sits in the lemon (You can let it sit for a couple minutes to take some of the heat out.)
- Add in nuts and blend until well chopped.
- Add the Beans, all the Spices, Lemon Zest, Dill & Tahini and process.
- As the machine is running, slowly add the Olive Oil.
- Process until smooth and then taste and add Salt & Pepper to your liking.
- Sprinkle Sumac on top to make it pretty.