Not only does this taste awesome, you’re also going to make your house smell incredible for hours. We served them as a side dish (but they would be amazing over pasta with roasted garlic and olive oil…. mmmm… I’ll do that next time.) I also sprinkled a tiny bit of hot pepper over them at the end which was really really great.
- 3 – 4 Tomatoes (medium size)
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 – 2 Garlic Cloves, sliced thin
- A couple sprigs of fresh Rosemary, chopped fine (You could also use Basil and/or Thyme)
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Aleppo Peppers (or your favorite crushed hot peppers)
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- Cut each Tomato in half once (horizontally) and take out the seeds.
- Pour Olive Oil onto baking sheet or pan and rub the cut side of the tomatoes in the oil.
- Flip them over so they’re sitting cut side up and rub the cut Garlic over them. When you’ve rubbed all the tomatoes, put the extra garlic in each tomato where the seeds used to be.
- Sprinkle them with Salt, Fresh Cracked Pepper and Herbs. (make sure to push the herbs in so that they dont sit on top and burn.)
- Bake for 2 hours or until done.
- Sprinkle some Hot Pepper on the top (optional) and serve.