Like, really quick. Like, you wake up and want quiche and it turns out to not be much more work than making pancakes. AND this includes a home made crust. No lie. And theres nary a rolling pin or pastry cloth involved. I know, it just keeps getting better.
~makes one, 9 inch crust~
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Ice Water
- 3 – 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- Swiss Cheese, as much as you like
- Sauteed Mushrooms, as many as you like
- Other options: Scallions, Dill, Spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix crust ingredients together and press dough into the bottom and up the sides of a pie pan.
- So the important part about Quiche fillings is that they are cooked down enough so that you aren’t adding a ton of extra vegetable water to your recipe. Pre cook the veggies! After they’re cooked down, put them in the pie pan. Also add chunks of cheese now.
- Mix up your eggs and milk and pour over everything in the crust.
- Bake until firm, about 20 minutes.
**note: The crust is yummy but very plain and might be better with rosemary?