These little muffins are the perfect way to eat oatmeal while driving your child to school.
serving size: makes a dozen muffins
- 2.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt or keifer
- 2 eggs
- a bit less than 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, (the more ripe, the better)
- Nuts and things (pecans? dried fruit? chocolate chips?)
- preheat oven to 350
- grease the muffin tin (I use coconut oil)
- Put dry ingredients in the food processor and pulse for 10 sec.
- Add everything else except for the “nuts and things” and process till smooth
- Fold in nuts and pour into the muffin tins
- Cook for 18 min.