I went through some serious check mix eating during my last pregnancy. And theres waaaay less guilt about that if you make it yourself out of things you can pronounce instead of the store bought kind.
note: I put a note on this recipe that the seasonings could be increased for more flavor. I’ll try that next time. If you find the perfect balance, let me know.
serving size: LOTS. I ate it so fast though that i forgot to notice just how much there was.
- 8 C. Corn cereal (or rice check or whatever combo you choose)
- 1 C. Broken PIta Crackers & pretzel goldfish (because thats what i had)
- 1 C. pretzels (< non negotiable)
- 1 C. peanuts (or any nut)
- 1/2 C. cashew
- 3/4 stick butter
- 3 T Worcestehire
- 1/2 T seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp aleppo (or chili pepper)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Melt butter in the microwave and mix in seasonings.*
- Pour over dry ingredients and toss to coat
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 min