[PIC to come]
Gloriously pretty atop a taco… or black bean soup…. or anywhere you need a pickled thing, really. They’re super fast to put together too and ready in a matter of hours. (recipe based on this one)
Serving Size: Makes one large mason jar of pretty pink onions
- 1 Really Large Red Onion, thin sliced
- 1 Cup of a combo of the juice of 1 Lime and the rest Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Water (optional – I didn’t use last time)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 T Sugar
- dash Aleppo Peppers (or other spice – optional)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Star Anise
- Combine the Lime juice and Vinegar
- Add the Sugar and Salt and mix until everything dissolves.
- Slice Onion really thin and smoosh down in a large mason jar.
- Add Aleppo Peppers, Garlic and Star Anise and pour liquid over top.
- Cover with jar lid and and put in the fridge. They’re ready in a couple hours but way better the next day. They’ll last for a week or so.