[PIC to come]
This is it. Its perfect. Don’t bother making any other pie.
~makes one 9 inch pie~
- One, 15oz can of fresh cooked pumpkin puree
- 3/4 Cups Sugar (perfect amount)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash of ground Allspice
- 1 T Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 T Flour
- One, 9 inch pie shell – unbaked and not pricked with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Empty can of pumpkin in a saucepan and cook off some of the water. Cook on medium heat about 10 minutes until dry and slightly caramelized, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and pour pumpkin into large mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, salt, flour and spices. Pour into pumpkin.
- Now that the medium bowl is empty, beat your eggs, cream and milk in it until smooth and then pour that into the pumpkin bowl.
- Combine everything well and pour into the pie crust. Bake until the pastry is golden and only an inch circle in the center of the filling remains liquid. (This could take anywhere from 30 min to an hour. It’s really varied every time I’ve made it. Sometimes I think my oven is weird.) Cool thoroughly before cutting.
(based on original recipe from here: http://food52.com/recipes/15143-meta-given-s-pumpkin-pie)