My sister just got back from the Middle East and brought me a bunch of things… herbs and spices, goodies from what sounds like the most magical flea market on Earth, and a simple recipe she learned from a friend. Not sure it has anything to do with Middle Eastern cuisine but it was lovely just the same. The ingredients are vague because theres really no wrong way to do this.
- Watermelon, cubed
- Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Small handful of fresh Mint Leaves
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and put in a colander. Salt the watermelon to get rid of some water. Let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse well.
- Chop the mint and mix it into the watermelon.
- Crumble the goat cheese on top of the salad.
- Salt and pepper on top and serve.