Every year I search for these recipes and can never remember which ones I like to use so here they are! All nice and together in one place. (Oh and thats Hogwarts above)
Put 1/2 Cup White Granulated Sugar in shallow pan (we use a small frying pan). Turn on medium heat and when it starts to melt, stir with wooden spoon and then shut heat off. Use quickly. If it hardens, you can turn heat on slowly to get it back to being workable. Watch the heat because it could burn.
- 3 Egg Whites (1/2 Cup of Lucerne egg whites in a carton)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cream of tartar
- 1 lb box of Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
Combine ingredients in Kitchen Aid Mixer and whip on high for 7-10 minutes until fluffy. Put in piping bag right away. If there are leftovers, cover with plastic wrap (push it down right on top of the icing or it will dry out.)
- Graham Crackers (multiple boxes because some are always broken)
- Mass amount of candy (especially small things like smarties and nerds and sprinkles)
- Make a drawing of what you want your house to look like. Decide which graham cracker shapes go where. (there is no time for planning when the glue is ready)
- Then make a bowl of ice water for when you burn yourself on the sugar. (hopefully you wont but i always do)
- Dip each cracker into the pan and stick everything together and place on a movable surface… we use the back of a cookie sheet covered with foil
- Once the house is assembled, make the icing.
- Scoop into a piping bag already fitted with the small circle tip and glue everything together. Glue it down to the surface as well.
- Decorate like crazy.