I don’t really have time to think about soaking beans overnight so i’ve combined a couple recipes to arrive at this. My bean plan. It takes a couple hours but is a easy rainy day project.
- 1lb bag of dry black beans
- Olive Oil
- Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Coriander
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 T Oregano
- 1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- Bring 8 Cups water to a boil. Rinse beans and add to boiling water. Boil for 2 min.
- After 2 minutes, remove pot from heat, cover and soak for 1 – 1.5 hours.
The Beans are now ready to be used in recipes. Heres what i do:
- Remove beans from pot so you can saute Onions and Garlic in Olive Oil (Red pepper is good here too if you have it). When translucent, add in Cumin and Coriander and stir to combine.
- Add Beans back in and 6 Cups of cold water. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Lower to a simmer and add in Bay Leaves and Oregano and Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Cook for a couple hours. Keep checking them till you like them. Add salt at very end.