I don’t really have time to think about soaking beans overnight so i’ve combined a couple recipes to arrive at this. My bean plan. It takes a couple hours but is a easy rainy day project.
- 1lb bag of dry black beans
- Olive Oil
- Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Coriander
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 T Oregano
- 1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- Rinse beans and put in pot. Cover with a couple inches of water and let boil. When it boils, turn to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove beans from pot so you can saute Onions and Garlic in Olive Oil. When translucent, add in Cumin and Coriander and stir to combine.
- Add Beans back in and 6 Cups of cold water. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Add in Bay Leaves and Oregano and Apple Cider Vinegar and lower to a simmer.
- Cook for a couple hours. Keep checking them till you like them. Add salt at very end.