[PIC to come]
An alternative to Zucchini Bread…. Zucchini Soup!
- 2 Pounds fresh Zucchini, cut into pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- ¼ Cup Half & Half
- ½ Cup (or more) Broth (Chicken or Vegetable)
- Prepare a large pot of boiling water and add the zucchini pieces. Boil them for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the zucchini in a colander and set it aside. Return the empty pot to the stove. Add the butter to the pot and allow it to melt over medium heat. When the butter is hot, sauté the onions until they are tender and just beginning to brown.
- Add the zucchini and broth to the sautéed onions and stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the pot and cook for 20 minutes, until everything is really soft. After 20 min, take the lid off and cook for about 10 more to concentrate the flavor and get rid of some of the liquid.
- When finished cooking, turn the soup off and let cool a bit, then blend until smooth.
- At the end, add the Half & Half and serve warm.