I may have another one of these recipes on the site but I’m gonna erase that one cuz this ones great. Its a mixture of a couple recipes I found.
serving size: 1 loaf
- 1/2 C. Yogurt
- 1 – 2 Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 C. Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 C. Flour
- 1/2 – 3/4 C. Brown Sugar (somewhere in between these two measurements)
- 3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- Nuts (mmmm pecans for us… as many as you like)
- Cinnamon (I pile this on but you do what you like)
- pinch Cardamom
- Set oven for 350 degrees.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix dry ingredients together in a smaller bowl
- Combine dry into wet and mix until well combined and cook for 50min.
Made these for the little ones pre-birthday celebration with Grammie. Came out so good I had to write it down to remember about the brilliance of this Magnolia Bakery recipe! (No wonder there was a line around the block). Original recipe from NYT here. (I made it into a half batch because nobody needs 24 cupcakes…. which is why some of the measurements are weird looking)
serving size: 12 Cupcakes
- 1/2 C. Unsalted Butter, left on the counter till softened.
- 1/2 C. plus 1/8 C. All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 C. Self Rising Flower
- 1/2 C. Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. Sugar
- 3/4 C. plus 1/4 C. Yogurt
- 2 Large Eggs
1.Oven to 350 degrees. Put the cupcake papers in the tin.
2. Mix the flours in a small bowl. Mix the milk and vanilla in another small bowl.
3. In the kitchen aid mixer, cream the butter on medium speed until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat for 3 min-ish or until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each one. Gradually alternate adding the flour mix and the milk mix while the mixer is running. Spoon butter into muffin tins.
4. Cupcakes are ready when they spring back when you lightly touch them – 20 – 22 min.