Made these for the little ones pre-birthday celebration with Grammie. Came out so good I had to write it down to remember about the brilliance of this Magnolia Bakery recipe! (No wonder there was a line around the block). Original recipe from NYT here. (I made it into a half batch because nobody needs 24 cupcakes…. which is why some of the measurements are weird looking)
serving size: 12 Cupcakes
- 1/2 C. Unsalted Butter, left on the counter till softened.
- 1/2 C. plus 1/8 C. All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 C. Self Rising Flower
- 1/2 C. Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. Sugar
- 3/4 C. plus 1/4 C. Yogurt
- 2 Large Eggs
1.Oven to 350 degrees. Put the cupcake papers in the tin.
2. Mix the flours in a small bowl. Mix the milk and vanilla in another small bowl.
3. In the kitchen aid mixer, cream the butter on medium speed until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat for 3 min-ish or until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each one. Gradually alternate adding the flour mix and the milk mix while the mixer is running. Spoon butter into muffin tins.
4. Cupcakes are ready when they spring back when you lightly touch them – 20 – 22 min.